The Dillard House is at the very heart of the Northeast Georgia Mountains, which means we have easy access to an assortment of mountain adventures. Enjoy hiking, biking, whitewater rafting and tubing, wild rivers, scenic state parks, waterfalls, wild flowers, cool summer air, and gorgeous fall color. The list of Georgia mountain attractions is endless, but here are a few that you won't want to miss.
- Smoky Mountain Performing Arts Center (Located only 15 minutes from the Dillard House. Acts such as The Charley Daniel's Band, Ronnie Milsap are now performing in our area. Visit www.smcftpa.com to view the concert calendar.
- Aesthetic Water Releases - Released at 200 Cubic feet per second, these releases offer a peek of the Tallulah River as it flowed before the dam was built.
- Black Rock Mountain State Park - Black Rock Mountain is the highest state park in Georgia. Numerous scenic overlooks show off breath taking 80 mile vistas of the Southern Appalachians, and hiking trails show off wildflowers, streams, and small waterfalls. The Dillard House is located 10 minutes from this beautiful park.
- The Foxfire Museum - A collection of artifacts gathered by Foxfire students as they looked deeply into their families, their community, and their appalachian heritage.
- Moccasin Creek State Park - the park "where spring spends the summer," nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains on the shores of lovely Lake Burton this creek is a great summer spot.
- Minnehaha Falls, Angel Falls and Panther Falls are a few of the spectacular water falls close by.
- Wildwater Rafting Ltd. in Long Creek, SC (20 miles from Dillard) - Take a wet and wild ride on a rafting adventure.
- Nantahala Outdoor Center The perfect rafting in Mountain Rest, SC (26 miles from Dillard).
- Southeastern Expeditions located 15 miles from Dillard, Southeastern Expeditions has several outdoor treks available.
- The Smoky Mountains: Hike great trails or simply enjoy the scenery in America's most visited National Park. Enjoy Appalachian Crafts in the surrounding area. Located in both Tennessee and North Carolina.
- The Biltmore House: Explore the legendary beauty of the legendary home and grounds of the Vanderbilt's. A truly world-class experience!
Located in Asheville, North Carolina.
- Great Smoky Mountain Scenic Railway: Located in Dillsboro and Bryson City, North Carolina. Relax in comfort while sightseeing the old-fashioned way on one of a variety of round trip excursions.
- Highlands, North Carolina: Hike, shop or dine in this picturesque mountain town. Great activities and lots to do.
- Dollywood Theme Park: Be thrilled by exciting rides, shows and crafts at Tennessee's largest amusement park in the heart of the Smoky Mountains.
Located in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.
- Visit the breathtaking Waterfalls of Western North Carolina or the Waterfalls of Northeast Georgia.
- Rabun County Welcome Center: See displays of local crafts, brochures, maps and up-to-date information on happenings and what to see and do.
Hwy. 441 north of Clayton, GA next to the Pizza Hut.
The Georgia Mountain Attractions run deeper than the rivers and the outdoor adventures. The arts community offers a variety of opportunities to listen to live music from bluegrass bands at Tallulah Falls to concerts at the Rock House Park in downtown Clayton. There are plenty of festivals and art shows, music venues, and museums to visit and if you are interested in taking a day in the city, you can easily reach Atlanta from the Dillard House and spend the day taking in the sites and sounds and then return for a quiet evening back on our porch. Visit Rabun County Chamber of Commerce
for more information.